Smooth and creamy, this pretty and refreshing breakfast treat from Don Prokidansky of New Port Richey, Florida is high in protein and virtually fat-free. Best of all, he says, it's “very good” and goes together in minutes.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup, drained
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- Thinly slice four peach slices; set aside for garnish. Place
- remaining peaches in a food processor; add cottage cheese. Cover and
- process until blended. Add cream cheese and sugar substitute; cover
- and process until blended.
- Spoon into four serving dishes. Top with reserved peaches.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 123 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.