Creamy Peach Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked acini di pepe or orzo pasta
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup syrup; set peaches aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix, sugar and reserved syrup for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in peaches and pasta. Fold in marshmallows and whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Peach Pudding
"I liked the interesting texture the orzo gave this dish. It kind of reminded me of rice pudding. The recipe should tell us to give it a gentle stir befor serving because the peaches tend to sink during chilling."
"Forgot to mention also, that Reiman changed the directions for this from my original sent in. I chop the peaches very finely. This evenly distributes the peach flavor better. I don't know why they suggested leaving them as peach slices. Too big for a decent scoopable dessert."
"This is actually my recipe that I submitted. I have gone to using cheesecake pudding in place of the vanilla sometimes for a different flavor."
"This was good but not the taste I expected. The flavor of the peaches did not come thru. The vanilla pudding over powered it. If I make it again I will use my own frozen peaches and make a thick sauce with the peach juice that will replace the vanilla pudding. Hopefully the peach flavor will be there."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.