Creamy Peach Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked acini di pepe or orzo pasta
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Drain peaches, reserving 1/4 cup syrup; set peaches aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the milk, pudding mix, sugar and reserved syrup for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Stir in peaches and pasta. Fold in marshmallows and whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 9 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Peach Pudding
Sort By :
"I liked the interesting texture the orzo gave this dish. It kind of reminded me of rice pudding. The recipe should tell us to give it a gentle stir befor serving because the peaches tend to sink during chilling."
"Forgot to mention also, that Reiman changed the directions for this from my original sent in. I chop the peaches very finely. This evenly distributes the peach flavor better. I don't know why they suggested leaving them as peach slices. Too big for a decent scoopable dessert."
"This is actually my recipe that I submitted. I have gone to using cheesecake pudding in place of the vanilla sometimes for a different flavor."
"This was good but not the taste I expected. The flavor of the peaches did not come thru. The vanilla pudding over powered it. If I make it again I will use my own frozen peaches and make a thick sauce with the peach juice that will replace the vanilla pudding. Hopefully the peach flavor will be there."