- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping. To the remaining crumb mixture, add the sour cream, baking powder, baking soda, egg and extract; beat until blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and egg. Spoon into prepared crust. Top with preserves. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; top with almonds. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Cool for 1-1/2 hours before slicing. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Peach Coffee Cake
"Made this for the first time, I used raspberry jam and everyone loved it!"
"I've been making this cake for years. It's delicious! I use the whole jar of preserves, but I keep it a half inch from the edge of the pan so it won't burn and the springform ring is easy to remove. I'm also pretty generous with the almonds. It takes 50-55 min in my oven."
"I love this recipe! My family loved it too. It's a bit of work but so so so worth it!!"
"This was delicious and everyone liked it."
"Yummy! Made last weekend; doubled the fruit preserves and baked about seven minutes longer. Spread half with peach, the other half with blackberry. Thanks for sharing!"