Here is an awesome coffee cake worth splurging on. You can use any kind of preserves in this recipe, but my personal favorite is peach. -Jody Saulnier North Woodstock, New Hampshire
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping. To the remaining crumb mixture, add the sour cream, baking powder, baking soda, egg and extract; beat until blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and egg. Spoon into prepared crust. Top with preserves. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; top with almonds. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Cool for 1-1/2 hours before slicing. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Peach Coffee Cake in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p42
Reviews for Creamy Peach Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review