My sister-in-law shared this time-tested recipe with me a few years back. It's a welcome addition to church or family dinners.— Mary Pauline Maynor, Franklinton, Louisiana
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and red pepper in butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup and milk; heat through. Stir in peas and water chestnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pea Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p240
Reviews for Creamy Pea Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review