Creamy Pastel Mints Recipe
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) cream cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. Place cream cheese in a bowl; let stand at room temperature to soften slightly. Stir in extract until blended. Tint mixture pink or red as desired. Gradually mix in half of the confectioners’ sugar.
- 2. On a work surface, knead in remaining confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Divide mixture into three portions; roll each to 1/4-in. thickness. (Flour or additional confectioners' sugar is not necessary for rolling.)
- 3. Cut candy with a 1-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 5 dozen.
1 piece equals 28 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Creamy Pastel Mints
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.