Creamy Pastel Mints
These mints are so simple to put together, and fun to share. I make them for all sorts of occasions, from baby showers to birthdays. —Janice Brady, Seattle, Washington
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) cream cheese
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Red food coloring
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- Place cream cheese in a bowl; let stand at room temperature to soften
- slightly. Stir in extract until blended. Tint mixture pink or red as
- desired. Gradually mix in half of the confectioners’ sugar.
- On a work surface, knead in remaining confectioners’ sugar until
- smooth. Divide mixture into three portions; roll each to 1/4-in.
- thickness. (Flour or additional confectioners' sugar is not
- necessary for rolling.)
- Cut candy with a 1-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter. Store between
- layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 28 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, trace protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.