Creamy Pasta with Florets Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cauliflowerets
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1. In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, milk, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket over water. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 5 minutes longer. Stir in the broccoli, cauliflower, pasta and cottage cheese mixture; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 151 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 meat, 1 vegetable.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.