Creamy Pasta with Florets Recipe
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup 1% milk
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 4 cups cauliflowerets
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a blender or food processor, combine the cottage cheese, milk, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and cayenne; cover and process until smooth. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring 1 in. of water to a boil; place broccoli and cauliflower in a steamer basket over water. Cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute 5 minutes longer. Stir in the broccoli, cauliflower, pasta and cottage cheese mixture; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pasta with Florets
Sort By :
This is a wonderful recipe for back-to-school because its super easy to create, has the gooey cheesy factor kids and adults both love but its created using healthier ingredients and.... you can swap out different veggies - replace mushrooms with steamed carrots for example - and you can add diced chicken or ham to turn this into a complete one-dish dinner the whole family will just love- It's that simple!