- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 cooked bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and cream until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in bacon and cheese; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Pasta with Bacon
"I guess I have to second some of the other reviews on here. The flavor wasn't that bad, but it wasn't creamy at all. It ended up being thick and sticking to the noodles. I thought maybe I did something wrong but it seems others had a similar problem."
"This is a take on a carbonara sauce -- However, if you make it as per the instructions, the eggs will cook and bind with the flour and cheese, and you'll end up with thick, cheesy pancake batter instead of a light, slightly eggy and creamy pasta sauce. First thing - ditch the flour, you don't need it. Second thing - cut down the parmesan cheese to half, or less. What you need is a bit of umami zing from the cheese, you're not making a fondue. Third - separate the eggs and use only the yolks; don't add them until right before serving. Best to let the pasta and the rest of the sauce cool slightly (in a serving bowl), then add the egg yolks and toss to coat lightly - you don't want the proteins in the egg yolk to bind and turn hard, you want to keep it a bit runny. For a serving variation, put the raw yolk right on top of the noodles, and twirl it into the pasta as you eat."
"This was absolutely disgusting. There was no flavor at all. I spit out my second bite. We had to order Chinese. Very disappointing"
"I made the dish by following the recipe. I was disappointed in it. The dish was bland. There was not the bacon flavor that I expected. There was no flavor that stood out. I will not make this again."
"I made the sauce with milk, instead of cream, and I omitted the eggs. It was creamy and delightfully delicious."