- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 cooked bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and cream until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in bacon and cheese; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Pasta with Bacon
Sort By :
"This was absolutely disgusting. There was no flavor at all. I spit out my second bite. We had to order Chinese. Very disappointing"
"I made the dish by following the recipe. I was disappointed in it. The dish was bland. There was not the bacon flavor that I expected. There was no flavor that stood out. I will not make this again."
"I made the sauce with milk, instead of cream, and I omitted the eggs. It was creamy and delightfully delicious."
"This is a lot like spaghetti carbonara which I absolutely love... I used a 16 oz. box of spaghetti - next time, I will use bite sized pasta (i.e. penne or farfalle) because I found the noodles really hard to toss with the very thick sauce... Which, speaking of the sauce, I'm not sure if flour is really even that necessary in this recipe... I may try it without next time. Oh, and it may be salty enough for some, but I had to add some to my taste, and some freshly ground black pepper. Overall, I could have eaten several portions of this last night!! I served bruschetta/Italian bread with it for a very satisfying meal!"
"The sauce is awful, it turned out very clumpy and had a strong egg taste and odor. Maybe I did something wrong but the finished product looked nothing like the photo and tasted horrible. I won't be making this again."