- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 cooked bacon strips, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and cream until smooth; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into eggs; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Drain linguine; add to the pan. Stir in bacon and cheese; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pasta with Bacon in Taste of Home Annual Recipes Annual 2010, p29
Reviews for Creamy Pasta with Bacon(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2011
I made the sauce with milk, instead of cream, and I omitted the eggs. It was creamy and delightfully delicious.