Creamy Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked gemelli or spiral pasta
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 medium carrots, cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 275 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Creamy Pasta Primavera
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.