Creamy Pasta Primavera for Two Recipe
- 2/3 cup gemelli or spiral pasta
- 6 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash pepper
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 260 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Pasta Primavera for Two
"I enjoyed this very much. Very light and fresh tasting. I ended up substituting broccoli for the asparagus since that's what I had on hand. I also threw in some fresh spinach that I needed to use up. Like another reviewer, I also added some chicken broth to the veggies as they were saut?ing so they didn't dry out. Will make again!!!"
"This was very good! I did substitute half and half for the heavy cream, and since I do not like tomatoes, I added mushrooms and broccoli (and a splash of chicken broth to the sauce to make it go farther). I would definitely make this again!!"
"This is a great recipe, fresh and fast. Everyone loved it at my house. Thank you for sharing. This one is a keeper!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.