Creamy Pasta Primavera for Two
"When I think of springtime, asparagus comes to mind. This pasta dish is a wonderful blend of tender, crisp colorful vegetables and a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup gemelli or spiral pasta
- 6 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute
- asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with
- asparagus mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/3 cup equals 260 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.