"When I think of springtime, asparagus comes to mind. This pasta dish is a wonderful blend of tender, crisp colorful vegetables and a creamy Parmesan cheese sauce." Darlene Brenden Salem, Oregon
- 2/3 cup gemelli or spiral pasta
- 6 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pasta Primavera for Two in Taste of Home
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pasta Primavera for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review