- 2/3 cup gemelli or spiral pasta
- 6 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2/3 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and carrots in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the cheese, cream and pepper. Drain pasta; toss with asparagus mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pasta Primavera for Two
Sort By :
This was very good! I did substitute half and half for the heavy cream, and since I do not like tomatoes, I added mushrooms and broccoli (and a splash of chicken broth to the sauce to make it go farther). I would definitely make this again!!
This is a great recipe, fresh and fast. Everyone loved it at my house. Thank you for sharing. This one is a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >