- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup onion and garlic salad croutons, crushed
- Place spinach and water in a Dutch oven; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until wilted. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in the cream, lemon peel, garlic and pepper flakes; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in cheese and spinach; heat through. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Parmesan Spinach
Sort By :
"This is such an easy and delicious recipe. I love the lemon flavor! I did not bother with the croutons and did not miss them at all. My toddler even loved this. I served with grilled chicken."
"Fantastic! Will definitely be doing this again soon. I loved the hint of lemon flavor, really made this recipe a standout."
"This recipe is delicious! My only complaint is that it doesn't make a lot once it's cooked. If you wanted to serve it at a nice dinner, you'd have to double or triple it, making it very expensive to buy all the ingredients. Also, if you don't have heavy whipping cream on hand, half-and-half works fine. ~ Theresa"
"This is very yummy. We love the crouton topping. Adds a special touch."