- 3 packages (9 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 8 butter-flavored crackers, coarsely crushed
- Place half of the spinach in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or just until wilted. Transfer to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining spinach; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat to low; stir in the cream cheese, sour cream, half-and-half, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper. Cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Stir in the artichokes, dill, seasoned salt and spinach.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs and remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are bubbly. Yield: 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Reviews for Creamy Parmesan Spinach Bake
Sort By :
"This recipe looks like a 5 star to me. I'm going to give it a try for Thanksgiving. I think you could save on the calories if you used a lower fat cream cheese, sour cream and 1/2 and 1/2. Just a thought."
"very good but too fattening to make again."