This recipe, from Priscilla Gilbert of Indian Harbour Beach, Florida, combines fresh baby spinach with a delicious, creamy Parmesan cheese sauce. Crushed croutons top it off and give the side dish a wonderful crunch.
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup onion and garlic salad croutons, crushed
- Place spinach and water in a Dutch oven; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until wilted. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, melt butter. Stir in the cream, lemon peel, garlic and pepper flakes; bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in cheese and spinach; heat through. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Parmesan Spinach in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p61
Reviews for Creamy Parmesan Spinach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review