Creamy Parmesan Penne Recipe
"This dish is excellent as a side dish to farmer-style sausage or schnitzel," writes Wendy Nuis of Stokes Bay, Ontario. The creamy sauce is accented by a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:1 servings
- 1/2 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 small fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, bouillon, garlic powder, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- 2. In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Stir in flour mixture. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to mushroom mixture and stir to coat. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium bouillon) equals 314 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 447 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC