"This dish is excellent as a side dish to farmer-style sausage or schnitzel," writes Wendy Nuis of Stokes Bay, Ontario. The creamy sauce is accented by a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 cup uncooked penne pasta
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Dash dried oregano
- Dash pepper
- 2 small fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the flour, bouillon, garlic powder, parsley, oregano and pepper.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and red pepper in oil until tender. Stir in flour mixture. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Drain pasta; add to mushroom mixture and stir to coat. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Creamy Parmesan Penne in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p22
Reviews for Creamy Parmesan Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review