Creamy Parmesan Fettuccini Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh basil, optional
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Add oil; toss to coat.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir in the onions, basil, salt, garlic powder, lemon peel and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until blended. Pour over fettuccine and toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional cheese and basil if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 261 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 259mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Parmesan Fettuccini
"I thought this was barely edible. Must have been the fat-free evaporated milk that I didn't like--just tasted very *fake*."