Creamy Parmesan Fettuccini Recipe
Try this creamy and comforting side dish with a wide variety of entrees. It's fast and so flavorful. Donna Mosher - Augusta, Montana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh basil, optional
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Add oil; toss to coat.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir in the onions, basil, salt, garlic powder, lemon peel and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until blended. Pour over fettuccine and toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional cheese and basil if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup (calculated without additional cheese) equals 261 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 259 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC