- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh basil, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Add oil; toss to coat.
- In a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir in the onions, basil, salt, garlic powder, lemon peel and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until blended. Pour over fettuccine and toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional cheese and basil if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Fettuccine in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p53
Reviews for Creamy Parmesan Fettuccini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
"I thought this was barely edible. Must have been the fat-free evaporated milk that I didn't like--just tasted very *fake*."