- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese and minced fresh basil, optional
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; drain. Add oil; toss to coat.
- In a large saucepan, combine flour and milk until smooth. Stir in the onions, basil, salt, garlic powder, lemon peel and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until blended. Pour over fettuccine and toss to coat. Sprinkle with additional cheese and basil if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Fettuccine in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p53
Reviews for Creamy Parmesan Fettuccini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 20, 2012
"I thought this was barely edible. Must have been the fat-free evaporated milk that I didn't like--just tasted very *fake*."
Reviewed May. 3, 2009