Creamy Pan-Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt, curry powder and pepper. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then in flour mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown chicken pieces on both sides. Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- 3. Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings; saute onions and mushrooms in drippings over medium heat until tender. Stir in dill and remaining salt.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine a small amount of cream and remaining flour until smooth. Add to skillet along with remaining cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
12 ounce-weight: 780 calories, 49g fat (16g saturated fat), 245mg cholesterol, 1079mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 51g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Pan-Fried Chicken
"I fixed this recipe for my family for my son's graduation party an everyone loved it. I hope you all try this! It's a hit."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.