- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, 1 teaspoon salt, curry powder and pepper. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken pieces on both sides. Cover and cook over low heat for 45 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings; saute onions and mushrooms in drippings over medium heat until tender. Stir in dill and remaining salt.
- In a small bowl, combine a small amount of cream and remaining flour until smooth. Add to skillet along with remaining cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pan-Fried Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Pan-Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2010
"I fixed this recipe for my family for my son's graduation party an everyone loved it. I hope you all try this! It's a hit."