Creamy Orange Gelatin Recipe
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in ice cream and orange juice until blended. Chill until partially set.
- 2. Fold in oranges. Pour into two 6-cup ring molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 224 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.