Creamy Orange Gelatin Recipe
- 4 cups boiling water
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- Orange slices, optional
- 1. Add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in ice cream and orange juice until blended. Refrigerate until partially set.
- 2. Fold in oranges. Pour into two 6-cup ring molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. If desired, serve with orange slices. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 224 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Orange Gelatin
"This has such a light summery taste, and it's so easy. It's earned a permanent spot in my recipe box."
"Delicious and refreshing! I added about 1 cup pastel mini-marshmallows with the oranges."
"This was really good, a big hit with my picky son."
"This is a fabulous recipe. I am asked to make it for many get togethers. It is GREAT!"
"I have used a recipe similar to this one for many years with good results. I have used the vanilla ice cream but haven't tried it with orange juice. I have replaced the vanilla i.c. with orange sherbet --very tasty."
"Why are some of your recipes for TOH and CW subscribers only and some not? Do the recipes originate from these magazines?"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.