Creamy Orange Gelatin
After celebrating two graduations in less than a year, it was clear that this recipe was definitely everyone's favorite.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in ice cream
- and orange juice until blended. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in oranges. Pour into two 6-cup ring molds coated with cooking
- spray. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Unmold onto a serving
- plate. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 224 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.