- 4 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in ice cream and orange juice until blended. Chill until partially set.
- Fold in oranges. Pour into two 6-cup ring molds coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate overnight or until firm. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Orange Gelatin(6)
Sort By :
Delicious and refreshing! I added about 1 cup pastel mini-marshmallows with the oranges.
This was really good, a big hit with my picky son.
Made this for Christmas dinner and everyone likes it. Tastes like a creamy orange jello. Easy to make!!!
This is a fabulous recipe. I am asked to make it for many get togethers. It is GREAT!
I have used a recipe similar to this one for many years with good results. I have used the vanilla ice cream but haven't tried it with orange juice. I have replaced the vanilla i.c. with orange sherbet --very tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Salads >