Creamy Orange Flans Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3-1/2 cups milk
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1. In a small skillet, combine sugar and orange juice; cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or until mixture is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Quickly pour into six ungreased 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups, tilting to coat bottom of dish. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2. For custard, in a small saucepan, heat milk until bubbles form around sides of saucepan. Remove from the heat. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and salt. Stir half of the warm milk into egg mixture; return all to pan and mix well. Stir in orange peel and extract. Slowly pour into prepared ramekins.
- 3. Place ramekins in a baking pan. Fill pan with boiling water to a depth of 3/4 in. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- 4. Carefully, run a knife around edge of dishes to loosen; invert each dish onto a rimmed serving dish. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 391 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 226mg cholesterol, 324mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (66g sugars, trace fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Creamy Orange Flans
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.