Creamy Orange Caramels Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Orange Extract
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Line an 11-in. x 7-in. dish with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon butter.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; boil gently, without stirring, for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 244°(firm-ball stage). Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Immediately pour into prepared dish (do not scrape saucepan). Let stand until firm.
- Using foil, lift out candy; remove foil. Using a buttered knife, cut caramel into 1-in. x 3/4-in. pieces. Wrap individually in waxed paper; twist ends. Yield: about 2-1/2 pounds (80 pieces).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Orange Caramels
Sort By :
"This is the best caramel recipe I have ever seen this year we are going to try making chocolate sweetened condensed milk and having chocolate caramels we are also looking into using pink Himalayan salt to make salted caramel."
"These were fabulous!! Soft and creamy, not one bit grainy. I used a little more orange extract than called for, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. I dipped some of the caramels in chocolate. My guests loved them. I will surely be making these again!"
"The best caramels ever!!! Soft and chewy and absolutely delicious!"
"Never made caramels before and don't think I will ever try another recipe...this is the best! They were a big hit and make the perfect gift! Delicious!!!!"