- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Sprinkle chops with pepper and salt; transfer to a 4-qt slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the milk, soups, wine and dressing mix; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork is tender.
- Remove pork to a serving platter and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Onion Pork Chops
"Delicious! Wonderful gravy. Company asked for the recipe. I suggest only cooking for 4-5 hours as 8-10 hours makes the meat fall apart."
"This recipe was really good. The pork chops were very tender. I will definitely make this again, the whole family loved it!"
"I have made this several times and it is a good comfort food."
"I suggest omitting salt when you season pork because I thought gravy was a little salty. I will try Mrs dash next time...this will be a new favorite for winter."
"a new family favorite"