- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 jar (23-1/2 ounces) Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce. Combine the egg, cottage cheese and onion dip.
- Spread 1 cup Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles. Layer with half of the cottage cheese mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Onion Lasagna
Sort By :
"What an awesome recipe and a nice twist to regular lasagna! I have never had lasagna this creamy!"
"I've been looking for a quick and easy lasagna recipe and this is it! I did increase the cheese mixture in order to use up the entire cheese cartons (I used 16oz cottage cheese, 15 oz ricotta cheese, and 12 oz onion dip, 2 eggs). I could only find parmesan spaghetti sauce, so I added chopped garlic in with the browning meat. Thanks for the recipe!"
"My daughter made this dish for our family and it has become our favorite lasagne receipe."
"This is a great dish! As other reviewers suggested, I double the cheese mixture (I also use ricotta instead of cottage cheese, just my preference.) I also use italian sausage instead of ground beef. Turns out perfect every time!"
"This is a good recipe for when you have a lasagne craving but not much time. The dip gives it a tanginess that we liked very much."