Enjoy a classic, homey dish with a simple and delicious twist! French onion dip adds a creamy richness to this impressive entree. Make two and freeze one for later. —Ann Schroeder, Peosta, Iowa
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 jar (23-1/2 ounces) Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce. Combine the egg, cottage cheese and onion dip.
- Spread 1 cup Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles. Layer with half of the cottage cheese mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cool unbaked lasagna; cover and freeze. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Onion Lasagna in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p15
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Onion Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review