Creamy Onion Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 jar (23-1/2 ounces) Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce. Combine the egg, cottage cheese and onion dip.
- Spread 1 cup Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles. Layer with half of the cottage cheese mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Onion Lasagna(23)
Sort By :
My daughter made this dish for our family and it has become our favorite lasagne receipe.
This is a great dish! As other reviewers suggested, I double the cheese mixture (I also use ricotta instead of cottage cheese, just my preference.) I also use italian sausage instead of ground beef. Turns out perfect every time!
This is a good recipe for when you have a lasagne craving but not much time. The dip gives it a tanginess that we liked very much.
Very good even my sister who does not like lasagna liked this one!
We didn't like it. A few people suggested doubling the cottage cheese mixture (cottage cheese + dip + eggs). I doubled all three and the dish just tasted overwhelmingly like dip. I'd suggest doubling only the cottage cheese if you try the recipe... I also didn't care for the texture of the sausage in the Prego (it was a little gristly).
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Lasagna Dinners >
- Lasagna Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >