Creamy Onion Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar (24 ounces) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1 jar (23-1/2 ounces) Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce. Combine the egg, cottage cheese and onion dip.
- 2. Spread 1 cup Italian sausage and garlic spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with four noodles. Layer with half of the cottage cheese mixture, half of the beef mixture and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles, sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 342 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 660 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.