Creamy Onion Gravy Recipe
You don't need to worry about having enough pan drippings from your turkey to make this gravy from our Test Kitchen. Prepare it anytime you serve mashed potatoes.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat. Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; whisk into butter until smooth. Gradually add buttermilk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in onion. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 99 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Onion Gravy
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC