Creamy Onion Gravy Recipe
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat. Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper; whisk into butter until smooth. Gradually add buttermilk and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in onion. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
1/4 cup: 99 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Onion Gravy
"I've made this a bunch of times already. Love it! So creamy and oniony. I usually serve it with sausage and perogies."