Creamy Onion Garlic Bread
Slices of Creamy Onion Garlic Bread are a delightful accompaniment to make the main dish. A cheesy mixture seasoned with green onions and garlic powder adds rich flavor to Italian Bread.
It's a simple to spread it on the loaf, or you can even use it to dress up leftover hamburger or hot dog buns. The aroma as the bread broils in the oven is sure to whet your family's appetites.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese and
- garlic powder until smooth. Beat in onions. Spread over cut sides of
- bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 258 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now