Slices of Creamy Onion Garlic Bread are a delightful accompaniment to make the main dish. A cheesy mixture seasoned with green onions and garlic powder adds rich flavor to Italian Bread. It's a simple to spread it on the loaf, or you can even use it to dress up leftover hamburger or hot dog buns. The aroma as the bread broils in the oven is sure to whet your family's appetites.
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced Italian bread, halved lengthwise
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic powder until smooth. Beat in onions. Spread over cut sides of bread. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Onion Garlic Bread in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p17
Reviews for Creamy Onion Garlic Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2014
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2013
"Had this at my Sister-in-laws....LOVED it...not your typical garlic bread...even the hubby (who is super picky) loved it...make it often...great with any type of dish!!!"