Creamy Onion Dill Dressing
"I like this dressing because it's creamy and has a great, fresh taste," says Jennie Wilburn of Long Creek, Oregon.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 teaspoons fresh dill weed, snipped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon low-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt and mayonnaise. Add dill, parsley, garlic
- powder and pepper. In another bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Add
- onion; add to yogurt mixture and mix well. Refrigerate several hours
- before serving. Yield: 1 cup.
Editor's Note: This dressing also makes a good low-fat vegetable dip.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One 2-tablespoon serving equals 1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat; also, 31 calories, 45 mg sodium, 3 mg cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 1 gm fat.