What Superbowl fan wouldn’t love settling into the game with one of these hefty handfuls? Lois McAtee in Oceanside, California says they taste special but couldn’t be easier to make…unless you microwave them, which she often does!
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 hard rolls, split
- 6 ounces sliced deli roast beef
- 2 slices process American cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, soup mix and horseradish. Spread over cut side of roll tops; set aside. Layer bottom halves with roast beef and cheese. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Broil 2-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Onion Beef Sandwiches in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p47
Reviews for Creamy Onion Beef Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2012
"If I were to make this again, I would cut way down on the onion soup mix. It was too overpowering & salty tasting for us."