Creamy Olive-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, olives, oregano and pepper. Spoon 2 tablespoons down center of each chicken breast. Fold chicken over filling; secure with toothpicks, then roll in bread crumbs.
- 2. In a large oven-proof skillet, brown chicken in oil. Bake 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 286 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 483mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Creamy Olive-Stuffed Chicken
"Oh soooo yummy!!!!!!!"
"could u use this in pork chops?"
"I only had green olives and they worked fine. I also added a little Franks Hot Sauce to the cheese."
"everyone enjoyed this. I'd never stuffed anything before but this was easy. We used regular cream cheese instead of fat free since it was the carbs we didn't want. We used Panko instead of breadcrumbs just cause - well it tastes better!"
"Yummmmmy! I dont like olives though. I made mine with green chilis and cumin and my husbands with olives."
"This is recipe was so very delicious. Classy enough to serve to company but so easy to make. Also, the olives don't have too strong of a flavor for those who don't care for them very much."
"Oh so very good!!!!"
"This sounds delish! I think I will try it with Allouete garlic and herb along with the olives. Yumm."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.