Creamy Noodles and Cabbage Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small head cabbage (1 pound) , chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles or fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the cabbage, onion, salt and pepper in butter until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Combine cream and flour; gradually add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in noodles and cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 287 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Noodles and Cabbage
"This was so easy to make and is great as a side dish or as a your main dish. The flavor was wonderful and the leftovers heated nicely. I plan to make it again and add left over ham instead of the bacon for a complete meal dish."