Creamy Noodles and Cabbage Recipe
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small head cabbage (1 pound) , chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles or fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute the cabbage, onion, salt and pepper in butter until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2. Combine cream and flour; gradually add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in noodles and cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 287 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Noodles and Cabbage
"This was so easy to make and is great as a side dish or as a your main dish. The flavor was wonderful and the leftovers heated nicely. I plan to make it again and add left over ham instead of the bacon for a complete meal dish."