Creamy Noodles and Cabbage
—Gail Nero, Canton, Georgia
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small head cabbage (1 pound) , chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles or fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a Dutch oven, saute the cabbage, onion, salt and pepper in butter
- until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine cream and flour; gradually add to vegetables. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in noodles
- and cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Pour into serving dish and
- sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 287 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 413 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.