- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small head cabbage (1 pound) , chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles or fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- In a Dutch oven, saute the cabbage, onion, salt and pepper in butter until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Combine cream and flour; gradually add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in noodles and cheese; stir until cheese is melted. Pour into serving dish and sprinkle with bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Noodles and Cabbage in Country Woman September/October 1994, p35
Reviews for Creamy Noodles and Cabbage(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2013
This was so easy to make and is great as a side dish or as a your main dish. The flavor was wonderful and the leftovers heated nicely. I plan to make it again and add left over ham instead of the bacon for a complete meal dish.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >