Creamy Noodles Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked thin spaghetti
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 6 ounces fat-free cream cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Add the cream cheese, sour cream, milk, salt, onion powder, Cajun seasoning, pepper and remaining butter. Cook and stir over low heat just until smooth (do not boil). Remove from the heat.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with cream sauce. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Noodles(8)
Sort By :
Really good garlic flavor, altogether a great dish. Only downfall is that the sauce gets thick fast and the noodles become really sticky fast...but definitely not a deal breaker!
My husband and I loved this. I would have given five stars but the sauce gets too thick after it cools. But overall this was great. Will be making again.
We didn't really care for this dish. There wasn't anything special about it - just kind of blah tasting.
We love these! I add a bit more milk and a bit less cream cheese, so the garlic flavor stands out a bit more. They make a nice side dish and go well under several saucy entrees.
These were definitely creamy but not enough flavor. I know they are light but they need more cheesy flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Cajun Recipes >
- Cajun Side Dishes >
- Cajun Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Side Dishes >
- Pasta Recipes >