- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and ham; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Drain; return to pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
Frankly, I would triple the sauce ingredients and mix them separately in a bowel, then add. The recommendations to saute the ham with onion and seasonings before adding are good too. Otherwise, a good comfort food dish and a way of using leftover ham.
Whole Family thought this was very good. I did saute the hame and seasonings with some onion. Then added to the rest. Really good but I would double the sauce to make creamier.
So good! Whole family liked it. I used fresh broccoli-steamed. Fried 1/4 cup onion in some butter, added ham (instead of boiling) added a clove of garlic(instead of powder). Only had two cups of ham otherwise everything was the same and was great!
SO easy and SO good! I used green beans instead of broccoli and I actually looked forward to eating the leftovers!
Very good and very simple. I used less mozzarella cheese, less butter, and skim milk rather than half and half to make it a little healthier.