- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and ham; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
- Drain; return to pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
"great flavor & quick & easy. All the picky eaters even liked this-ALOT. Thanks for the recipe it's definitely a keeper."
"Tasted good. I used chicken and fresh broccoli. Easy and quick!"
"I left out the ham to have a vegetarian meal. I mostly eyeballed the sauce to determine the amounts and it turned out very creamy. I did mix the sauce ingredients separately and then added them to the pasta. I also added basil with the other seasonings. I used fresh broccoli and cooked it before adding it to the pasta and I used less butter than called for. It was all very good."
"I halved the recipe because there's only 2 of us. I also, of course, did some tweaking. I doubled the Parmesan and fat-free half-and-half. I used less butter and more garlic, salt and pepper. Then, to make it creamier, I used 1/2 cup of plain yogurt. Next time, I think I'll use an Italian blend of shredded cheese instead of mozzarella because it's too stringy. But I like the combination of ingredients and will definitely make it again."
"Frankly, I would triple the sauce ingredients and mix them separately in a bowel, then add. The recommendations to saute the ham with onion and seasonings before adding are good too. Otherwise, a good comfort food dish and a way of using leftover ham."