Creamy Noodle Casserole
My husband, Ronald, works long hours and frequently won't arrive home until past 7 p.m. But this casserole is still tasty after it's been warmed in the microwave. —Barb Marshall, Pickerington, Ohio
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add
- broccoli and ham; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are
- Drain; return to pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and
- stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is heated
- through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 428 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,087 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and