Creamy Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) egg noodles
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook noodles in boiling water for 5 minutes. Add broccoli and ham; cook 5-10 minutes longer or until noodles are tender.
Drain; return to pan. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until butter is melted and mixture is heated through.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled noodle mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little broth or milk if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 428 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 1,087 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.