Creamy Mushroom-Potato Bake Recipe
The day I first made this, we'd invited a neighbor—a bachelor farmer—over, and I wanted to fix something hearty. It was a hit instantly. These days, our three sons enjoy it as a change from regular mashed potatoes. We've found that it's best served with beef...either with or without gravy. —Kathy Smith, Granger, Indiana
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds white potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash (do not add butter or milk).
- 2. In a large skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in 2 tablespoons butter for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Stir into potatoes along with sour cream, pepper and remaining salt.
- 3. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese; dot with remaining butter.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 141 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 317 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Mushroom-Potato Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC