- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour and stir until coated. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Mushroom Chicken
Sort By :
"Combines two of my favorites, chicken and mushrooms. So delicious!The mushrooms and Parmesan make a wonderful sauce for noodles, rice or mashed potatoes!"
"Served over rice Pilaf... was fantastic! I've also used the sauce as a substitute for a healthier MSG free cream of mushroom soup!"
"Such a flavorful dish. Even my son who doesn't eat mushrooms at it. Would make this again."
"very good and quick. I like the flavors and the fact that it can go with either pasta or mashed potatoes. Thanks again for another quick evening meal!"