Creamy Mushroom Chicken
I call this meal "the easy chicken fixin'"...and love it that the leftovers are equally delicious heated up in the microwave. My husband, Tim, and I spend a lot of time riding horses and playing Cowboy Polo in summer. We are extra busy now since we just had our first child, Shelby.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat,
- brown chicken in oil until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove
- to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Sprinkle
- with flour and stir until coated. Gradually add milk. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese. Serve with pasta. Yield:
- 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 309 calories, 19 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium,