I call this meal "the easy chicken fixin'"...and love it that the leftovers are equally delicious heated up in the microwave. My husband, Tim, and I spend a lot of time riding horses and playing Cowboy Polo in summer. We are extra busy now since we just had our first child, Shelby.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour and stir until coated. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in 1/2 cup cheese. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining cheese. Serve with pasta. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Mushroom Chicken in Country Woman January/February 2000, p31
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Mushroom Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review