- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium-low heat for 40 minutes. Transfer chicken to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes, or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute mushrooms for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add 1/4 cup cream, tarragon and salt. Bring just to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and remaining cream; whisk into mushroom mixture. Stir constantly until slightly thickened (do not boil). Serve chicken and cream sauce over noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Mushroom Chicken in Country Woman September/October 2000, p6
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Creamy Mushroom Chicken and Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review