Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 28 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, parsley and thyme
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in oil for 6-7 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Stir in the cream, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Meanwhile, place baguette slices on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Rub garlic over toasts; discard garlic.
- 3. Stir the basil, parsley and thyme into mushroom mixture; heat through. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful on each toast. Serve immediately. Yield: 28 appetizers.
1 appetizer: 94 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 104mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta
"Great Holiday appetizer!"
"I spread goat cheese on the bread before topping with mushrooms and they disappeared in minutes."