Mushroom—button, portobello and shiitake—plus a lovely blend of herbs make a hearty, flavorful topping for bruschetta.—Amy Chase, Vanderhoof, British Columbia
Recommended: 60 Spring Farmers Market Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 28 slices French bread baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and halved
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh basil, parsley and thyme
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms and onion in oil for 6-7 minutes or until mushrooms are browned. Stir in the cream, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place baguette slices on ungreased baking sheets. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Rub garlic over toasts; discard garlic.
- Stir the basil, parsley and thyme into mushroom mixture; heat through. Spoon about 1 tablespoonful on each toast. Serve immediately. Yield: 28 appetizers.
Originally published as Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p15
Reviews for Creamy Mushroom Bruschetta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review